How To Apply
Applying henna on hair is not a rocket science. However, you need to follow a few basic steps and having a good understanding of different types of henna in order to get the best possible result. Henna comes in only one color i.e red. However, its shades may vary where the crop is grown. There are no such things like Black henna, Brown henna, Burgundy henna, and Chestnut henna. Any henna that is labeled as such, comprises other herbal ingredients along with pure henna to give the requisite result.
- Take out the henna powder of your choice in a bowl as per your hair density and length.
- Add water and mix it well to ensure that there are no lumps being formed in the mixture.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for 3 to 4 hours.
- Apply this paste on your hair using a hair brush, beginning from root upwards to the tip . After 5 to 10 minutes comb your hair to ensure that the henna paste properly reached in the root of the hair. Once done, leave this paste on your hair for an hour.
- Now rinsing your hair with warm water to remove henna from hair. You can use conditioner with good slip to easily remove henna from hair.
- Avoid shampooing for 2 to 3 days to get the best hair coloring result.
- Avoid using henna on eyelashes and eyebrows as it can cause inflammation.
- Perform a hypersensitivity test before applying henna over hair to avoid allergy if it has any over your skin.
- Perform a strand test to know which henna shade will go perfectly with your skin texture.
- Keep the henna packet away from the direct sunlight.
- Use only plastic and glass bowl to mix the henna powder.